International Brand Name:
Peridex,Periochip, Perichlor,Periogard,Oral Rinse,Corsodyl,Chlorohex,Chlorhexomed
In treatment of:
Oral hygine Plaque inhibition,treatment of Gingivitis reduction of accumulated Plaque
3. Enlarged gums
5. Congestion or tightness in chest
7. Staining of teeth
8. Calculus formation above the gum line
1. Hypersensitivity to the drug
1. Avoid eating or drinking for at least 1 hour after each dose
2. To minimize the staining apply drug with the hollow cup brush tip of the Rota-dent perio tool to only the gum tissue, especially focus on the areas with pockets depths over 4mm
3. You may also alternate drug with custom bleaching trays at home
Oral rinse solutions - 0.1 percent.
Otic (ear) solutions - 1 percent.
Chlorhexidine solutions - 2 percent.
Chlorhexidine shampoo and conditioner 1 and 2 percent.
As an ear-cleansing agent - flush the ear canal once a day in cases of diagnosed otitis externa.
For skin conditions - clean the area twice daily.
For gingivitis - Chlorhexidine oral solution is applied as directed once a day. In the morning brush and floss for 2 minutes and than rinse with Chlorhexidine for 30 seconds.
Use 1/2 fl. oz. of undiluted. Swish in mouth for 30 seconds. After rinsing for 30 seconds be sure to spit out all the rinse, do NOT swallow any of the rinse. To minimize medicinal taste, DO NOT rinse with water immediately after use. In the evening brush and floss and rinse again for 30 seconds.
Chlorhexidine shampoo and conditioner - once or twice a week.
Pellet (extended-release), Periochip (in a biodegradable matrix of hydrolyzed gelatin cross-linked with glutaraldehyde), Cream, Dressing, Gel, Lotion, Ointment, Sponge forms are also available.