Musculo Skeletol Disorder
NASAIDS(Non Sterodial Anti Inflamatory Drugs)
International Brand Name:
Arcoxia , Algix and Tauxib
In treatment of:
Osteoarthritis,Rheumatoid arthritis,acute gout
1. Dry mouth
2. Taste disturbances
3. Mouth ulcers
6. Appetite and weight changes
7. Chest pain
12. Blurred vision
14. Muscle cramps
15. Ulceration of the stomach or intestine
16. Cold or flu-like symptoms
18. Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (oedema)
20. Difficulty in breathing (dyspnoea)
21. Weakness or loss of strength (asthenia)
22. High blood pressure (hypertension)
1. Hypersensitivity to the drug
2. Hyper sensitivity to other NSAID
3. Active peptic ulceration
4. Inflammatory bowel disease
5. Severe congestive heart failure
1. Allergic disorders
2. Renal impairment
3. Cardiac diseases
4. Hepatic impairment
Anticoagulants : May prolong prothrombin time. Instruct patients to watch for signs & symptoms of bleeding.
ACE inhibitors : Antihypertensive effects of captopril may be blunted or completely abolished by etoricoxib.
b-Blockers : Antihypertensive effect may be blunted.
Cyclosporine : Nephrotoxicity of both agents may be increased.
Digoxin : Serum digoxin levels may be increased by ibuprofen and etoricoxib.
Hydantoins : Serum hydantoin levels increased resulting in increased pharmacological and toxic effects.
Lithium : Serum lithium levels may be increased.
Loop diuretics : Decreased effects.
Methotrexate : Risk of methotrexate toxicity (bone marrow suppression, nephrotoxicity, stomatitis) may be increased.
Salicylates : displaces NSAIDs from serum binding sites resulting in decreased plasma concentrations of NSAIDs and increased incidence of GI effects.
Sympathomimetics : Rofecoxib coadministration may result in increased blood pressure.
Thiazide diuretics : Naproxen and etoricoxib may cause decreased antihypertensive and diuretic action.
Osteoarthritis- 60 mg once daily
Rheumatoid Arthritis- 90 mg once daily
Acute gouty Arthritis-120 mg once daily