TOPICAL ANTIBACTERIALS AND ANTIFUNGALS
International Brand Name:
In treatment of:
Treatment of Bacterial Skin Infections
Topical use :
5. Change in taste
6. Chest congestion
1. Hypersensitivity to Mupirocin
1. If sensitivity occurs discard the use of the medicament
2. Renal impairment
3. Patient with burns
4. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membrane
5. Avoid application in the large surface area(extensive wound)
6. Monitor for super infection
Topical use: 2% cream, and ointment: Wash and dry the affected area thoroughly. Apply the medicament as a thin film over the affected part. Rub gently. Cover with a surgical gauze. Apply 3 times daily for 1 - 2 weeks.
Intranasal use: 2 % ointment: Apply the half of the content of a single use tube in to one nostril and other half in to other nostril. Press the sides of the nostrils together and release it. Repeat it for 1 minute. Apply it morning and evening.