International Brand Name:
In treatment of:
Mgt of secretory neoplasms;treatment of acromegaly,prevention of complications following pancreatic surgery
2. Abdominal pain
5. Acute pancreatitis.
7. Gall stones
8. Pin and irritation at injection site
9. Altered glucose tolerance
10. Hepatic dysfunction
1. Hypersensitivity to the drug or it`s components.
2. Monitor thyroid function on prolonged therapy
3. Perform ultrasonic examination of gall bladder before and periodically during the therapy
4. Renal impairment
5. The drug should be gradually withdrawn.
May alter the absorption of dietary fats. Depressed Vitamin B12 levels and abnormal Schilling`s test have been observed.
Cyclosporin : May reduce the efficacy of cyclosporins.
S.C.: Starts with 50 to 100mcg once or twice daily. Gradually increased to 200 to 500mcg three times daily depending up on the patient`s response.
Acromegaly, short term treatment prior to pituitary surgery: 100 to 200mcg thrice daily
Carcinoid crisis: 50mcg diluted with saline and given as bolus.