International Brand Name:
Nolvadex, Istubal, and Valodex.
In treatment of:
Treatment of Breast Cancer
6. Elevated liver enzymes
7. Vaginal discharge
8. Irregular menses
11. Weight gain
12. Increased cholesterol level
13. Bone pain
14. Hot flushes
15. Fluid retention
16. Skin changes
17. Uterine fibroids
1. Hypersensitivity to the drug
2. Women who are taking coumarin type anticoagulants
3. History of deep vein thrombosis
4. Pulmonary edema
3. Monitor patients liver, renal and gynecological functions (in women) regularly.
Oral anticoagulants: Significant increase in anticoagulant effect requiring careful monitoring of prothrombin time.
Bromocriptine: Serum tamoxifen levels are elevated.
Cyclophosphamide: Since tamoxifen is a potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 oxidase it may affect metabolism and excretion of cyclophosphamide.
20-40mg/day in 2 divided doses.