International Brand Name:
80 MG + 12.5 MG/ 40 mg/80 mg/160 mg
In treatment of:
Management of Hyper Tension(HTN)
6. Abdominal pain
11. Upper respiratory tract infections
16. Precipitate renal failure in renal artery stenosis and in insufficient renal blood flow
1. Hypersensitivity to the drug
1.Renal impairment: Use with caution in renal impairment. Precipitate renal failure in renal artery stenosis, and in insufficient renal blood flow.
2.Hepatic impairment: Use with caution in hepatic impairment and dosage adjustment is required.
4.Aortic or mitral valve stenosis
6. Use cautiously in volume depleted and salt depleted individuals
7. Patient should be cautiously involve in driving or operating heavy machinery during therapy
8. Avoid alcohol or use with caution during therapy
9. Use with caution in hyperkalemia and along with potassium sparing diuretics
Potassium-sparing diuretics (e.g., Spironolactone, Triamterene, Amiloride), Potassium supplements, or Salt substitutes containing potassium: Concomitant use of Valsartan with these drugs will result in hyperkalaemia and in heart failure patients it increases serum creatinine.
Starts with 80mg once daily. Increase the dosage after 2 to 4 weeks intervals depending upon the patient`s response to 160mg once daily or two divided doses or a diuretic should be added if required. Further increase in dosage is depending up on patient`s response.
Maximum dose: 320mg/day.